The dedicated team of general pediatricians offers preventative and primary care, such as immunizations and well-baby/well-child visits. Faculty and staff are also able to provide diagnoses and treatment of acute illnesses in children of all ages while providing anticipatory guidance for their parents.
The Division of General Pediatrics works in partnership with our pediatric specialists to provide general pediatric care for children with chronic diseases or special health care needs. General pediatricians play a large role in the Department of Pediatrics’ education and residency programs.
- Well-child exams and routine screening
- Lactation support
- School and sports physicals
- Ongoing care for long-term and chronic illnesses such as asthma, ADHD, eczema, and feeding and weight problems
- Care of high-risk infants
- Developmental screening
- Referrals to specialists and outside agencies to assist with care when appropriate
- Educational specialist to assist with communication between physicians, parents and schools
- Dental screening of children 6 months to 3 years old